Ask Question and Get Free Answers - JUST Ask And Answer > QA > Politics & Government > Embassies & Consulates
  German multiple entry Visa Type D?

Answers:1   |   LastAnswerAt:2011.04  

Asked at 2011.04.11 21:32:44
I have a Multiple Visa of type D valid for Deutschland. Is it enough for traveling Schengen countries or I should apply for residency or any other type of visa to travel?
answer GerdP  Answered at 2011.04.11 21:32:44
Yes, your long stay visa for Germany is enough to travel to the other Schengen countries during the validation time (90 days) of the visa. However you need to get registered at the German community in which you plan to stay and to apply for a residence permit (Aufenthaltstitel) to cover your longer stay in Germany.

Type D: long period national visa; a visa for a longer period issued by an individual Schengen Member State on a national basis. These are indicated as only valid for the country of issue.
However, third country nationals legally residing in a Schengen Member State on the basis of a long stay Type D national visa are also permitted free circulation in the Schengen Area for 3 months in a 6 month period, under the same conditions as for holders of a residence permit.

<a href="" rel="nofollow">…</a> ..
<a href="" rel="nofollow">…</a> ..
  • Answer This Question:German multiple entry Visa Type D? 

  • insert image

    image url:

    such as:**/**.jpg

    insert video

    vedio url: