Ask Question and Get Free Answers - JUST Ask And Answer > QA > Business & Finance > Taxes
Shortfall in National Insurance/Job seekers allowance?

Answers:1   |   LastAnswerAt:2009.12  

Asked at 2009.12.18 23:47:38
I was told I may not be able to claim Job seekers allowance as I had a shortfall in my National Insurance in the year 2002 (I had my daughter in 2002) I asked if this should be taken into consideration and was told no. I have worked ever since I left school and now when I am asking for help I am being told I may not be entitled. This just sounds wrong.
answer Thunderdog  Answered at 2009.12.18 23:47:38
A shortfall that long ago should not affect your claim. You have been paying class 1 contributions whist you've been working? What you do anyway is make the claim, they'll let you know if you're eligible. If they say you're not they'll explain why and you can appeal. As I said a shortfall 7 years ago is too far back to affect you now, there must be more to it.
  • Answer This Question:Shortfall in National Insurance/Job seekers allowance? 

  • insert image

    image url:

    such as:**/**.jpg

    insert video

    vedio url: