Ask Question and Get Free Answers - JUST Ask And Answer > QA > Business & Finance > Taxes
I have to modify what I asked in a question that I already asked.?

Answers:1   |   LastAnswerAt:2009.12  

Asked at 2009.12.18 23:47:04
My husband had his own business, so there will not be any W-2 forms sent. Since my son and his wife went behind my back and took computers, documents, appraisals, and other files out, and I cannot get them back from him! I am either going to have to contact the IRS or maybe not do them, but I don't think this is a good idea! I don't know how to do them! Do I need to file jointly or singly? I REALLY NEED SOMEONE THAT IS AN EXPERT ON TAX PREPARATION!
answer Judy  Answered at 2009.12.18 23:47:04
The IRS isn't going to have his records, you'd have to get them from your son and that doesn't sound real likely. It might be worth trying to talk to him one more time though, and see if he will turn over the records to you or else to a CPA. Don't even THINK about someplace like H&R Block for this one.

If you can;t get his records, and you had income of your own, your best bet might be to just file your own income as married filing separately - that would at least keep you clean with the IRS.

Good luck - sounds like a real mess!!!!
  • Answer This Question:I have to modify what I asked in a question that I already asked.? 

  • insert image

    image url:

    such as:**/**.jpg

    insert video

    vedio url: