Ask Question and Get Free Answers - JUST Ask And Answer > QA > Business & Finance > Taxes
What can we claim, help? uk only?

Answers:1   |   LastAnswerAt:2009.12  

Joanne S 
Asked at 2009.12.18 23:46:41
i am currently getting cont based job seekers £60 a week, my partner was also recently paid off at work due to reduction in work coming in. he was also applying for job seekers but has been sent a letter advising he hasnt paid enough nat ins contribution (he was self employed and was paying this direct debit but turns out now they werent taking enough from him, too late now tho). we have a 8 month old baby and the total income into our home is my £60 job seekers, my babys £20 a week child benefit and £21.65 a week child tax credit that is all. we have a council house and are still waiting to here back from them regarding housing benefit. tax credit says we will need to phone them up when we receive this new years payment amounts then call to say no income and they will then recalculate. we are both desparately seeking work but hava had no luck so far. the job centre, inland revenue and even citz advice etc are just giving us the run around can anyone help please?? we have never been in this situation before and nobody seems to care
answer [email protected]  Answered at 2009.12.18 23:46:41
I am sure that since your partner cannot claim jobseekers allowance, he should be able to claim some kind of benefit from social security.
I do know that if you are self employed, you can only claim sick pay and not jobseekers allowance.
  • Answer This Question:What can we claim, help? uk only? 

  • insert image

    image url:

    such as:**/**.jpg

    insert video

    vedio url: